Friday, May 7, 2010

Welcome to The Mean Green Fashion Machine

Hello, and welcome. I have been blogging about green beauty for the last two years, on The Mean Green Beauty Machine, and have decided to start a ‘sister’ blog focusing on green fashion. When it comes to green/eco-friendly/natural/organic/sustainable/ethical products, beauty has previously been more of an interest to me than fashion, but recently I have been thinking more about clothes, shoes, etc, where they come from, what they are made from, and who makes them.

We are in the middle of Fair Trade Fortnight, and I have decided to try to make more ethical, sustainable fashion choices. Caring for the environment and my health is important to me, as is supporting fair treatment of those working in factories. There are more options out there than I had previously realised when it comes to ethical, sustainable fashion, and I’m keen to share those options on this blog. As is the case with The Mean Green Beauty Machine, I’ll be focusing on what is available to buy in New Zealand, or order into New Zealand. New Zealand has quite a few ethical clothing companies, so look out for future posts about these.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jules,
    That's great, will be looking forward to more!
    And you have so many great ethical clothing companies over there in NZ, I've just discovered a couple this week that have gone onto the wishlist!
    Jenny
    The Balm blog (Aus!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny

    Thanks for reading the Mean Green Fashion Machine. I like your blog. Is it ok if I post a link to it on my blogs?

    I'm planning on posting on some NZ companies in future.

    Cheers

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, thanks! And thanks for reminding me to add your links too. Cheers, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny

    Thanks, I will add links, you are welcome to link to my blogs also.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete